Outpatient Center for Internal Medicine
The Outpatient Center for Internal Medicine offers a wide spectrum of diagnostic services and treatments in the field of internal medicine. We provide interdisciplinary management of diagnostic procedures by organizing any further tests you require in other specialist outpatient departments within the hospital.
Range of services
- General internal medicine
- Diagnosis and treatment of cardiovascular disease
- Diagnosis and treatment of metabolic and endocrine disorders (e.g. diabetes, hormonal imbalances, osteoporosis, thyroid disease)
- Diagnosis and treatment of gastrointestinal diseases
- Preventive medicine/health checks
- Preoperative screening
Our specialist outpatient center offers the following endoscopic examinations:
- Proctoscopy (anal endoscopy)
Evidence of coronavirus status for outpatient endoscopy
For outpatient endoscopy appointments, a negative PCR test is required.
If the PCR test has been carried out outside the hospital, you have to bring along the valid test certificate of an approved provider (e.g. testing center, laboratory, pharmacy; “Gargle with Us!” (“Alles gurgelt”), with photographic confirmation of identity showing your passport, ID card or Austrian e-card). The time of sampling must not be more than 48 hours ago before the planned examination.
We hope you understand that without a negative PCR test result the examination appointment at Döbling Outpatient Center will NOT proceed. There are no exceptions to this rule.
Recovered persons are not required to carry out a PCR test for a period of two months after passed infection. Please bring evidence of your recent COVID infection or recovery to your admission.
Please note: Döbling Private Hospital offers PCR tests as a private service for people WITHOUT symptoms.
- Cardiac ultrasound (echocardiogram)
- ECG (electrocardiogram), prolonged ECG
- Extended blood pressure monitoring
- ABI (ankle brachial index) measurement
- Lung function testing
- Minor lung function test
- Endoscopic examinations: gastroscopy, colonoscopy, proctoscopy
- Additional services: Laboratory diagnostics, medical imaging (MRI, CT, x-ray, mammography, ...)
Please note: Amended opening hours currently apply! Please phone to check the current opening hours.
Monday to Wednesday 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Thursday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Friday 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- Vascular examinations:
Monday 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Thursday 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Please phone to make an appointment!
When you come for your appointment, please bring your e-card and, where relevant, a referral and any other test results.
If you are not able to attend your appointment, please phone to cancel (at least 24 hours ahead of the appointment)!
Direct billing insurance agreements
Agreements in place with all insurers such as ÖGK (formerly WGKK and GKK throughout Austria), company health insurance funds, SVS (formerly SVA and SV), BVAEB (formerly VA der österr. Eisenbahnen und des Bergbaus and BVA), KFA